|Responsible Executive:||Finance and Administration|
|Approving Official:||Vice President for Finance & Administration|
|Effective Date:||January 1, 2014|
|Last Revision Date:||Unrevised at this time.|
University Health Services is subsidized by the assessment of a student health fee. Accordingly, only eligible members of the University community may receive services at University Health Services. Members eligible to receive services from University Health Services include:
1. Students. For purposes of this Policy, a student is defined as a currently enrolled Florida State University student subject to the assessment of the health fee at the time medical services are to be rendered.
2. Spouses of eligible students.
3. Minor dependents (age 13 and above) of eligible students.
4. Students at the University’s Center for Intensive English Studies and other University affiliated organizations.
5. Purchasers of the TCC-FSU Pass.
6. FSU visitors. Visitors include, but are not limited to, parents, campers (13 years and older) and other authorized guests of the University. Treatment of visitors is limited to minor illness or injury. More serious complaints will be stabilized and the visitor referred accordingly.
7. Eligible minors, as defined above, must be accompanied by either a parent or legal guardian. If the minor is accompanied by someone other than a parent or legal guardian, a signed consent form with the parent/legal guardian’s signature is required prior to treatment.
8. Faculty and staff are eligible to receive limited Health Center services, including:
- Travel Clinic
- Academic dive physicals
- Nutrition counseling
All services provided by University Health Services may be associated with a fee. Eligible students, their spouses and dependents may choose to defer University Health Center charges against the eligible student’s account or authorize University Health Services to bill their insurance carrier. Students may have their charges billed to an approved third party payer. All others are expected to pay in full at the time services are rendered.
C. WORKERS COMPENSATION INJURIES
University employees will not be seen for injuries incurred on the job.
D. EMERGENCY SERVICES
Any person arriving at University Health Center with a life-threatening injury or illness will be stabilized by University Health Services staff and emergency services contacted.